Imagine going into battle and you were given a stick of cotton candy as your weapon.
That was my initial reaction when I learned my #1 strength (out of 34 results) from Clifton’s Strengthsfinder test was “Positivity.”
Because what the heck kind of strength was that? Is “positivity” even a strength?
I took that test over 5 years ago but reached out to a few colleagues & peers I’ve worked with asking about my strengths as a designer. And can you guess what one of the main common threads was in all 5 responses? You know where this is going… Yep, my positivity.
This just goes to show:
- How close we are to our own “genius zones.” The things that come so easily and naturally to us, are actually our very strengths…!
- Our strengths go beyond our achievements and what we do.
My positivity is not a trait specific to my job, but because of it, it allows me to approach chaos with ease so I can think clearly and make decisions in situations where everyone else is frantic (which happens a lot in the fashion industry).
My creative friend, the same goes for you. Your strengths are not limited to your achievements or the things you put on paper or a metal plaque. There are things that are the very essence of your personality that are going to take you to the next level!
Honing in on your strengths is the very first step to building your career of purpose and passion.
Are you aware of your strengths? If not, I would encourage you to take a few minutes out of your day to figure out what they are.
- Ask (at least) 3 people from 3 different areas of your life what your strengths are (i.e., work, school, roommate, family, etc).
- Look for over-lapping answers and think of a few ways you can intentionally incorporate those strengths in your job on a daily basis.
- Take this free quiz to find out what sets you apart and how to use your unique advantage to propel you forward in your career.
Take the free 60 second quiz here: https://gracekimportland.com/secretsaucequiz
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment